Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thankfulness (a little late)

I'm thankful for:
~ a wife that loves me so well
~ Ben and his tender heart
~ Kyle and his adventurous spirit
~ Owen and his patience
~ great parents and parent-in-laws
~ a wonderful church that I love being a part of
~ awesome extended family
~ a warm dry house
~ 2 cars that get us where we need to go
~ a job that I love most of the time
~ good friends

I suppose I could go on, but I won't. It's humbling to count my blessings and realize that all my whining and complaining is really pretty pathetic. Why should I have a scowl on my face when I have all these things going for me?

They say a man is wealthy when he is content with what he has, not when he gets all that he wants. I'm working to be more thankful for what I've been given and it sure puts the things I want into perspective.

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Right this moment?

~YOU!
~cashews!
~regularity!

steve and corrine said...

I love this! Thank you for being you and sharing it on your blog. Dad Isom