Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Our Little Spellers

We knew it was bound to happen sometime and it looks like the end is near for being able to spell things in order to keep them a secret. From Ben at least.

He's been in to the language work at school lately and just loves to "write stories" This could mean anything from drawing pictures to actually writing words. Sometimes it's completely phonetic and sometimes it's right on.

He also has taken to calling his mother and I "M-O-M" and "D-A-D" and sometimes he calls Kyle "K-Y-L-E" His younger brother takes issue with that and respond adamantly "I'm not K-Y-L-E, I'm Kyle!"

And of course his little brother is working on emulating him. He's definitely able to identify most if not all of his letters and will list them all out and then ask you what it spells.

"O-R-G-A-N-I-C! Mama what's O-R-G-A-N-I-C spell?"

And that conversation is a whole different post...

No comments: