Sunday, October 12, 2008

Growing up so fast

Ben has always been just completely enamored with his littlest brother (he doesn't have to share toys with him yet) and at the table if Ben is sitting next to Owen's chair, he'll scoot even closer when we put Owen in.

Today at lunch as I was getting ready to feed Owen, Ben looked very interested, so I asked if he wanted to feed him. He said yes, and after a short demonstration did a very good job feeding him.

All the while, Ben kept saying, "I'm learning to feed Owen!" and was so proud of himself.

Last night, this historically picky eater shared my sardines with me, and he's become a big fan of lentils lately as well!

And at yesterday's soccer game, I saw him excerise some incredible self-control. He always wants to throw the ball to the coach or ref at games when it's time for a throw in or goal kick. And it's usually not an easy throw to catch. I don't think that's on purpose, just how it turns out. So I've been asking him to hand it to the adult at those times. It's been a little hit and miss the last couple of games, but yesterday, he handed the ball to the coach every time. I could see him run up and wind up like he was going to throw and he so wanted to. But every time he pulled back and handed the ball to the coach nicely.

When did my baby boy get to be such a big boy. Eating new foods, helping with his brother, showing self-restraint. I'm so proud, I could bust my buttons
Posted by Picasa

No comments: