Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Tiny Friends

Kyle has lately been best friends with a tiny hard plastic turtle about the size of a quarter and a rubbery lizard about 2 inches long. They're both bright red and amazingly until the past couple days have rarely been lost.


The lizard helps Kyle clean up. Kyle builds "tree houses" for them to sleep in upstairs. He build forts for them out of blocks in the living room. It's all very sweet and he has so much fun with them.

But last week the turtle disappeared for a while. He didn't seem too upset and I don't remember him asking for it. But he was thrilled when we found it. Tonight, though... the lizard was lost.

He came out of his room very sad and I couldn't understand what he was saying. When I finally got him calmed down enough to understand him, he said, "I'm too sad that I can find tHE LIZARD!" Crescendoing into more tears. And then "I don't know where my turtle is!"

Through the sniffling and a little more crying I convinced him that we could find the lizard tomorrow and that I had seen his turtle upstairs on his bed. He agreed that he could ask mama to help him find the lizard in the morning and I helped this sweet little boy back to his bed and found his turtle for him. I left as he crawled into his current little hidey hole to sleep clutching Rainbow Bear under on arm and holding his turtle tight in his other hand. Just warms your heart.

1 comment: