Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Blow Me Down

I still crack up at the literalness of toddlers. The other day at lunch, Ben was messing around as usual and not eating much. Mindy and I had both finished eating and Mindy was in the kitchen getting us some dessert, so I called in to her.

"You know what, Mama, I think Ben is finished with his lunch, he hasn't eaten anything for quite awhile."

"I think so," she said as she peeked back in. Then Ben quickly shoved a piece of cheese in his mouth and Mindy added, "Or not."

I looked back over to her and said, "Well blow me down."

As I was turning back to Ben, I heard him blow a puff of air in my direction. He sat there and smiled waiting for me to fall down I suppose and Mindy ducked back into the kitchen to laugh hysterically. I was speechless. Nothing to do but laugh with Mindy and Ben who loves to make us laugh (like most toddlers) soon joined us.

No comments: