Monday, September 19, 2005

"Be"ing Ben

Don't you just love the fun ways kids say things when they're puzzling out how to form the correct sounds. I have to be on constant guard not to repeat Ben's cute pronunciations because I don't want to re-inforce them. I also inevitably laugh when I do repeat one and I don't want him to feel bad that he can't say it right.

His current pronunciation quirk involves lots of the syllable "be." Sometimes it's in place of a syllable that is difficult, as in the case of "begot" for "forgot." Other times it's in place of a similar sounding syllable, as in "bevotions" for "devotions." The funniest one by far is his recent declarations about what he's doing when he is repeating lines from Dr. Seuss or VeggieTales. When we notice what he's doing and chuckle at him, he grins and says "I'm bequoting VeggieTales!"

No comments: