Thursday, June 01, 2006

Forethought

So Ben and I were playing a little game kind of like follow the leader where he'd do something and I'd mimic it and then we'd switch and I'd do something for him to mimic.

We were having a lot of fun with it and then I did something where I put a block in a box and put the box in a specific place. I hadn't thought about the fact that we'd have to get the block out of the box before Ben repeated the action.

So Ben was giggling and hopping around getting ready to repeat it and he headed over to the box. He took the block out, put the box where it had started and then came back over to where I'd started my action. Needless to say, I was very impressed by the forethought that he had to think about what he was going to do and get the box reset. What fun watching your child figure stuff out like that and become more independent every day.

No comments: