Monday, November 07, 2005

Musically Inclined?

I noticed today that my last two entries were a little on the heavy side, but I guess I've been kind of overwhelmed lately by the stress and responsibility of being a parent. But back to more exciting things...

Mindy and I got the chance to go on a date last Saturday night. My parents are so awesome to come and watch our two boys for us even though it's almost an hour drive one way. They came over about 3 and we had a little time to visit with them ourselves before Mindy fed Kyle and we sped away to try and see a movie and have dinner before Kyle's bedtime and the last feeding of the night.

Twice during that time of visiting, Ben gave us spontaneous musical performances. The first was a rousing rendition of the ABCs accompanied by the triangle. A little later he had dragged Grandma over to the piano and was playing the same two or three notes over and over, singularly and together, as he sang various Veggie Tales' songs and Rich Mullins' songs. It was so cute to watch and he was just swaying and boogying down sitting there on the piano bench, so into his singing.

Ben also loves to have music playing. Especially at dinner time. He'll even ask for specific CDs to be played. I wonder what his interest will be later on. It'd be so fun to take him to piano lessons and go to recitals.

I wish I had stuck with piano lessons longer or stuck with it longer than 3 weeks when trying to learn guitar. Maybe it will be something we can do together. Could be fun!

No comments: