Monday, September 22, 2008

Overtired

Do you remember when you were a kid and you didn't want to go to bed:

"I'm not tired!"

"Yes you are, you just need to lay down in your bed and relax and you'll fall asleep."

"But I want to play more!"

Well, I had one of those incidents with Kyle last night. Poor guy really wanted me to help him finish building some Lego creation. It was an hour and a half past his bedtime and I don't know that he had actually been in bed for more than the initial tuck-in.

Well, I made it upstairs to hopefully quiet him down and he just loses it. He wants help, he's not tired, he doesn't want to be in bed! Well, I tucked him in gently but firmly and snuggled with him for a couple minutes.

He was still very sad when I left, but I guess I was right that we was tired because he was still snuggled up like I left him and fast asleep when I checked on him before we went to bed. And I guess my parents must have been right all those years ago. Go figure.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yes, that scenario sounds strangely familiar... Hmm...