Friday, July 11, 2008

Scary Dreams

As those of you with kids know, they have an innate talent to come up with lots of reasons to come out of their rooms at night. Ours are no different and Kyle (who's a night owl anyway) seems to use any excuse he can to come out of his room.

So one night while Mindy and I are watching TV, Kyle comes out of his room and says, "Guys, I had a scary dream."

This isn't a rare occurrence, but on this night our patience had worn kind of thin and I didn't really have the energy to go upstairs to talk with him. And let's not forget that he hadn't even been asleep yet.

After trying to reason with him for a couple minutes that it was time to go into his room and sleep, he kept insisting that he had had a scary dream about a lion that tried to eat him.

In a moment of sarcasm, I said "Kyle, feel free to have a scary dream after you have gone to sleep."

Dead silence from upstairs. I would have loved to see his face as he tried to puzzle that statement out. Shortly he went back into his room and shut his door.

Meanwhile, Mindy and I tried not to laugh loud enough for him to hear us.

No comments: