Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ben's Water Bottle Adventure

We had forgotten Ben's spill resistant sports bottle when we drove to Idaho to visit Mindy's folks, so we bought him a bottle of water at a convenience store on the way and explained to him how it was different from the one at home.

He did great with it the whole trip there and while we were there and then on the way back the inevitable happened, or so I thought.

Ben was all the way in the back seat and I was driving so I couldn't see a ton of what was going on back there, but all of the sudden, I heard a glug, glug, glug.

I quickly got Mindy's attention by pointing back at Ben and urgently saying "What's that sound?" I assumed that he just forgot his bottle was there and had tipped it over.

Mindy was sitting in the middle seat to calm Kyle who was angry about still being in his car seat, so she turned around quickly and grabbed the water bottle. I didn't hear the entire exchange, but when she turned back around she was stifling a laugh, so I couldn't wait to hear the explanation.

"What did he say?"

"He said, 'I'm making a pond' ", she replied and proceeded to take the paper towels and sop up all the water out of Ben's cup holder, while I busted up laughing in the front seat.

No comments: