Friday, December 16, 2005

Mousetrap, I wanted to play Mousetrap

With the Christmas season in full swing, Ben has been watching the VeggieTales video "The Toy that Saved Christmas" quite frequently. This means we have new phrases Ben will just quote out of the blue.

One of my favorite comes from Bob, who was a reluctant passenger on a sled ride. After a horrendous crash, Bob is head down in the snow and he says, "Moustrap, I wanted to play Mousetrap. Roll your dice, move your mice. Nobody gets hurt."

Ben laughs quite heartily when Bob says that, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't completely get it. Especially since he has no idea what mouse trap is. I'm not sure if it's because he's heard us laugh and knows that it should be funny, or if he gets from the tone and timing that Bob is being funny. It's hard to say, but it sure is fun watching him develop in all these new ways.

No comments: